Birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just pure "Suga"!










So, the "new Queen" tried to pull the wool over my eyes with her 2 hour incremental sleeping pattern (granted, during the day she holds strong two 3 hr nap sessions). Since I haven't slept in 6 weeks (oh, you THINK I'm kidding....), I finally got enough wits about me to where I started to process WHY she's constantly screaming and making more noises than "a truckstop on Chili Night." Sure, I knew she would most likely be "colicy" like Carson, but I didn't expect it to be this bad--or is it that God blessed me with the ability to block out the 1st 6 wks of Carson's life? Hmmmm...After spending 6 hours at Children's Hospital's lovely ER facility (about 3 wks ago), I took her off breastmilk because I was taking an anti-inflammatory for my ear (my ENT AND OB told me it was fine to breastfeed on this medicine). She had projectile vomited about 4 times in 24 hours (odd talent for a 3 wks old), and the nurse told me to take her to Children's. The Peds ER doc referenced the medicine I was on, and "sho 'nuff," I'm NOT supposed to breastfeed on it.


Well, I continued to pump to keep my milk supply up, and she started on formula. Lo and behold, the cow went dry (I breastfed Carson for 4 wks and I wonder if my body "remembered" and just quit producing???) so we stayed on the formula. She was still extemely gassy, inconsolable and just not a happy baby. We began the process of "formula hopping" and I thought she was doing ok on the Enfamil Gentlease (for gassiness and spit-up). Then I noticed the "baby acne" on her face got worse and was around her ears and neck. UREAKA--it all started making sense: the Gentlease is a milk-based formula; Carson had a dairy allergy. Needless to say, I changed her to the "Golden Powder" (perfect code name because of price) Nutrimegin, called Dr. Smith and got a Zantac script and VOILA! New baby! (If any of you REALLY care about us, you'll buy as much Arbonne as you can so I can feed my child...lol.) Literally, within 2 days she was sleeping soundly (at least 1-4hr stretch and then every 2 hours at night) and doesn't seem to be in any "pain" after she eats. Too bad she hasn't pooped any GOLD to reimburse us for feeding her...I'm sure my dad finds that funny considering how much I ate when I was at home for 21 years...lol. I think I paid him well with 2 grandkids! ;) Althought when we found out it was a girl this time, he just smiled and said, "you haven't paid for you raisin' YET (referring to Carson being the 'angel')." Hey, I worked HARD to make that man bald AND grey-headed...!

No comments: