Birthday

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Selah Hart Bradley

Well, imagine that! I FINALLY gave birth! Selah was born on September 8th at 8:43 am. She was 8 lbs and 20" long! She definetely had her momma's thighs and fat cheeks. We jokingly said that because of her "thick jowels," she couldn't open her eyes for 3 days! :) She has a head full of blonde hair, but it looks to have a little bit of red in it--to match her firery personality! It all started about 1:15am on Saturday morning with contractions and we got to the hospital about 3:30am. I was already 3-4cm and was doing ok, but went ahead and got some "Nuvein" to take the edge off. We got to 5cm and I was game for the epidural. *Ladies who are expecting: not that I'm telling you how your labor should/will go, but if your water hasn't broken on its own and doc has to do it, I recommend the epidural before that takes place! I didn't do this with Carson and I DO remember the pain intensifying at that point! Just a friendly word of advice...anyways, so Dr. Freeman broke my water after the epidural and about an hour 1/2 later I was ready for the finale! 10 minutes of pushing and TA DA--she's here! At one point the doc told me I was pushing too hard, which I found ironic because I couldn't tell how hard I was pushing--I couldn't feel a thing (thank God!). The comedy of all this hard pushing is that I didn't eat a "heavy" breakfast because I got sick with Carson and I didn't want to be sick this time around...well, my Nutrigrain bar wore off QUICK, and needless to say, there's nothing grouchier than a woman in labor AND hungry! So, no matter what I said to the nurses, they wouldn't let me eat (Ladies who are expecting--take note!!!). Brad lost his mind at one point and came in with food for himself...so I "lovingly" asked him to eat it in the hallway, which he graciously did. Needless to say, since I am passionate about my food/meals, I was bound and determined to hurry up and get that baby out of me so I could EAT! :)

*This is the shape that "Nuvein" will put you in!*



*Check out those cheeks!!!*







1 comment:

The Spencer Family said...

Congratulations!! Selah is so precious chubby cheeks & all. I can't wait until it is my turn hopefully it will go as good as yours did. I can't wait to see more pictures!